I lose the lightness of being myself
through the last few breaths I exhale.
The fear installs itself upon me;
it grows darker, and I grow pale.
The world around me revolves, making
the last moments even more woeful and dark.
It's not Earth's rotation, 'cause
I know I am already part of the Earth.
The people around me seem to come close,
although I know they are going away.
Who will hold my hand now
when souls all around seem to decay?
All the sounds have started fading away.
I can feel my time is almost over.
I can't hear the last decibels muttered;
down I go, sinking lower and lower.
I tried to give my best, didn't I?
I am the only one who thinks so.
I am a part of the past now;
it's time for the seed over my grave to grow.
No comments:
Post a Comment