Friday, February 2, 2007

ANUMEHA

Against my will, I stand,
Beside my own reflection, still;
Gone with the wind, as they would say,
Dry and desperate in the month of May.

Dark, deep depths engulfing me,
And all I want is to have my say;
Drowned by my own self-control, I turn around—
There was hope, but nothing I found.

Far from me, she laughs, she sings, she dances;
I remain a prisoner of my own circumstances.
My heart was true, but my words were few;
I was only myself—she found nothing new.

I was torn to pieces, the sun staring at me;

In the midst of doom, I wonder—where is she?
She was my life; I was deeply distressed,
My mind bewildered, my thoughts suppressed.

Helpless, I drift along the breeze that blows;
Happiness starves while misery flows.
Joys are few, and sorrows are more;
Alone and aloof, I stand at the shore.

I am not a poet—it's the pain of my soul;
On this parchment, I have poured it whole.
Her essence still lingers in the air;
I loved her—I truly swear.

1 comment:

Preeti Sharma said...

Well written...the flow of thoughts flowing itself. :)

What's this all about?

There is a disillusionment that is always lurking beneath the surface, once we start digging. On the surface life is a pretty little ride w...